Launch of new flagship Chinese restaurant RÚ
Authentic Chinese Culinary Arts by Chef Edmond Ip
At 37, Chef Edmond Ip has crafted his culinary talent to the forefront of modern Chinese Cuisine scene, including his experience at one of Asia's 50 Best Restaurants “WING” and some other top restaurants in Hong Kong. Prior to joining Nina Hotel Tsuen Wan West, he was the executive chef at the Wo Cheong Tea House, where he helped revolutionise Cantonese cuisine and add innovative touches to traditional dishes.
Chef Edmond respects Cantonese cuisine traditions but also loves exploring and reinterpreting age-old recipes for the modern tastebuds. At the new RÚ Restaurant, ingredients are sourced locally and prepared as authentically as possible, an ode to the preservation of both the natural environment and our culture. Chef handpicks all fresh and sustainable ingredients, adding a delightful new twist to satisfy guests’ palates while maintaining them unexpected surprises.
A total of 90 items under 11 categories, the menu comprises a selection of sustainable seafood, vegetarian items, and farm-to-table dishes. Menu highlights include:
- Baked Whole Abalone Puff dim sum (HK$98 per person) - while a traditional abalone puff does not actually contain abalone, Chef Edmond has recreated this recipe with a succulent South African abalone wrapped in a multi-fold puff pastry, with each layer clearly delineated.
- Stir-fried Spare Ribs coated in balsamic vinegar with aged tangerine peel (HK$288). Chef is passionate about sauce-making and has replaced the traditional Chinese vinegar to Balsamic Vinegar for better acidity.
- Double-boiled Chicken Broth with Beancurd Blossom and Matsutake Mushroom, served in a King Coconut ($168 per person). Chef’s unrivalled knife skills has turned the silken beancurd into a blossoming chrysanthemum floating in a nourishing soup base.
Other signature dishes include:
- Braised Chicken Wing Stuffed with Bird’s Nest and Truffle Honey ($108 each)
- Superior Barbecued Pork with Honey (HK$288)
- Baked Crab Shell stuffed with Crabmeat and Onion (HK$248 per person)
- Braised Fish Maw with Ginger, Scallion and Garlic served in Clay Pot (HK$388)
- Sauteed Diced Wagyu with Black Termite Mushroom (HK$488)
The Art of Chinese Tea
At RÚ , tea service takes on a new kind of art form with rare tea leaves uniquely presented by Tea Master Kelvin Ng. With a genuine passion for Chinese tea, Kelvin enhances the dining experience by sharing recommendations from the Connoisseur Tea Menu, which includes a 20-year-old Charcoal Brewed Tie Guan Yin Tea and an exclusive Tangerine stuffed White Peony Tea.
Designed by Norman Chan of BTR Workshop, the elevated RÚ restaurant is monochromatic with a subtle linear texture throughout. Bathed in a quiet earth tone, the main dining hall, named for “RÚ SHUĬ”, echoes the Rambler Channel scenery from floor-to-ceiling windows. The annex dining hall, named for “RÚ SHAN”, overlooks Tai Mo Shan. Norman has transformed the open space, which is not only aesthetically appealing but also comfortable and functional.
Our Commitment to the Environment
Sustainability has long been a central tenet at our parent company, Chinachem Group. At RÚ , the restaurant focuses on minimising harm to our planet, while enhancing environmental, social, and governance performance.
All ingredients are sourced through ethical channels – seafood items used at RÚ are sourced sustainably and the eggs are cage-free. Chef Edmond partners with local farm and incorporated farm-to-table as well as seasonal hydroponic ingredient producers for locally grown vegetables on the menu.
The brainchild of young Hong Kong designer Mountain Yam, the service staff uniforms are inspired by the high glamour period of the 1960s, during the peak of the golden era of Chinese restaurants in Hong Kong. Mountain has carefully sourced a fabric, made from a 70% upcycled polyester blend, apart from that, natural fibres of wool, bamboo and organic cotton are used as well, that make it not only eco-friendly but functional as well.
For reservations, please call 2280 2923 or via https://dining.ninahotelgroup.com/en/reservation/at/ru/
*Subject to 10% service charge
|Private Rooms:||5 (to be open in Q1 2023)|
Saturday, Sunday & Public Holidays
|Dress Code:||Smart Casual (no sleeveless shirt, short pants, and sandals)|