A Warm Welcome from Nina
Situated right at the heart of the action, Nina’s Lodgewood Wan Chai delivers you convenience, culture, and calm in one of Hong Kong’s most vibrant neighbourhoods.
With a choice of one or two bedroom serviced apartments, the pricing allows you a chic urban lifestyle for the price of the outskirts. And a neutral and soothing palette allows you to make this a home of your own.
Please place your valuables in the safety box in your guestroom.
All visitors are requested to leave guestrooms before 11:00 pm. Please register all visitors at Front Desk after 11:00 pm for your safety in accordance with government regulations.
The room key card is valid until the arranged check-out time of your departure date. If the room key is lost, please contact reception at 3968 7555 immediately. In case of extension of stay, please approach Front Desk to reprogramme the key. Please return the room key to Front Desk upon check-out.
- There are five levels of tropical cyclone warning signals: No.1, 3, 8, 9, 10.
- When No. 1 signal is issued, please take the tropical cyclone into account when planning your activities and be mindful that strong winds may occur over offshore waters.
- When No. 3 signal is issued, low-lying areas may have flooding, backflow or seawater owing to storm surges. Winds are expected to become generally strong, and winds over offshore waters on high ground may reach gale force. Please stay away from dangerous places.
- When No. 8 signal is issued, winds are expected to reach gale force and will affect / are affecting Hong Kong. It may increase in strength. Banks, offices, museums and most shops and restaurants will be / are closed. Road, star ferry and air transport will be suspended subject to weather conditions. Please stay in the hotel or find a safe shelter well above the sea level that can withstand gale force winds.
- When No.9 / 10 signal is issued, gale or hurricane force wind is increasing or expected to increase significantly. Please stay in hotel or find a safe shelter well above the sea level that can withstand gale force winds.
- There are three levels of rainstorm warnings: AMBER, RED and BLACK.
- AMBER: Heavy rain has fallen or is expected to fall generally over Hong Kong, exceeding 30 millimetres in an hour, and is likely to continue.
- RED: Heavy rain has fallen or is expected to fall generally over Hong Kong, exceeding 50 millimetres in an hour, and is likely to continue.
- BLACK: Very heavy rain has fallen or is expected to fall generally over Hong Kong, exceeding 70 millimetres in an hour, and is likely to continue.
You are advised to check with concerned company before departing for the airport, piers or railway stations. Please take the necessary precautions to reduce exposure to risk posed by heavy rain and listen to radio or television announcements on the weather, road and traffic conditions.
There is an evacuation plan at the back of the guestroom door, please familiarise yourself the nearest exit staircase upon arrival at your room.
Do not smoke within Hotel areas.
Do not cook in guestroom unless at a designated cooking area.
Do not place clothes or any combustibles over lamp shades.
Do not use electrical appliances which deviate from the supply in Hong Kong 220 volts.
If you discover a fire, 1) stay calm, 2) call 3968 7555 report to our Service Call Centre, 3) activate the nearest fire alarm, 4) take your room key with you, close your room door before leaving the room 5) follow the direction of the evacuation announcement, 6) do not use the lift, 7) use the emergency exit and staircase nearest to you for evacuation. The assembly point is located at Tai Wo Street Playground. Do not re-enter the Hotel until you are advised safe to do so.
Should you hear a fire alarm and evacuation announcement, 1) stay calm, 2) take your room key with you, close your room door before leaving the room, 3) follow the direction of the evacuation announcement, 4) do not use the lift, 5) use the emergency exit and staircase nearest to you for evacuation. The assembly point is located at Tai Wo Street Playground. Do not re-enter the Hotel until you are advised safe to do so.
In case you are trapped in your room, 1) call 3968 7555 to inform your location to our Service Call Centre, 2) shut the door and crevices with wet towels/sheets to keep smoke and fire entering the room, 3) keep low to the floor where the air is cleaner, 4) turn off the air-conditioning system, 5) show the rescuers where you are by waving a torch (placed above the safety box inside the wardrobe) and shouting. Follow instructions from the rescuers.
In-room Telephone Information
All Guest staying in the Hotel shall observe the following House Rules:
- Do not leave any personal belongings in the corridor or any public area of the Hotel.
- Do not use additional electrical appliances in the hotel room. The Hotel reserves the right to impose a surcharge (the amount of which shall be determined by the Hotel by its sole discretion) on electricity consumption for additional electrical appliances used in the hotel room which are deemed to use excessive energy.
- Do not use the heater for clothes drying.
- Do not cover, hang items on or interfere with the smoke detectors and sprinklers.
- Do not stick or nail any items in the wall, the ceiling or the window.
- Do not place or have any additional fixtures, fittings, furniture and appliances in the Hotel Room without the prior written consent of the Hotel.
- To ensure safety, please refrain from moving any fixture, fittings, furniture and appliances in the hotel room.
- Do not cook (whether flame or flameless cooking) in the hotel room or any part of the Hotel.
- Do not keep any pets or animals.
- Do not conduct any non-accommodation related activities in the hotel room or any part of the Hotel, including private tutoring, beauty treatment, etc.
- Do not conduct any gambling activities in the hotel room or any part of the Hotel.
- Do not make any noise or cause any disturbance to the neighbouring rooms.
- Do not have visitors after 23:00 hours. Make sure to register and ensure that visitors follow all registration requirements at the front desk as required by the Hotel.
- Cooperate with the Hotel when its employees, contractors, agents or such person engaged by the Hotel shall enter into a hotel room for cleaning, management or maintenance purposes.